I’ve been reflecting on the history of our company and just how far we have come. In 1985, Frank Columbus started Nova Science Publishers. Over the years the company has grown to include different media formats. We participate in conferences and book fairs worldwide. We stay connected globally via social media. We have reason to celebrate our history and our ability to keep up with Frank’s vision of the company he started. Our eye is on the future now. There are improvement projects in the works and we are always reaching out to find the most current research to publish. We’re raising the bar to improve for you, our colleagues and readers. If you have any suggestions we welcome them. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments. We’d love to hear from you:
Come see where we’ve been!
Nova Science Publishers is frequently seen at conferences around the globe. Recently we had a table at the Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration conference (SEPI). It is not only important to network with leading researchers in all fields but to let them see what our Editors and Authors have recently published in order to share our ideas
Children’s Awareness Month
Below is an excerpt from an interview given by Ernie Allen, president and CEO of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
These days, summer is all about structure for most kids. Whether it’s camp, daycare, summer school or other activity, it’s important for kids to be supervised. It’s hard to hear about kids being taken or hurt, but it does happen, and that’s why June is Child Safety Awareness Month. “Child safety is important all year, but summer is an especially important time for parents and children to include safety in their activities,” said Ernie Allen, president and CEO of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Keep your kids safe by starting with prevention. Be sure your child knows exactly where you live – street address, city, all applicable phone numbers, and of course how to use the telephone. It’s helpful to give kids the number of a trusted adult or neighbor as well. Inform your children of people from whom it’s OK to accept car rides. If you know you’ll need someone your child might not know to pick him up, choose a code word that the person can give the child to let him know he’s trustworthy.
Children’s Awareness Month is also a perfect time to call attention to health and wellness in youngsters across the country. There are a few childhood health issues in particular that are concerning to pediatricians:
– Limit the child’s sugar intake. Sugar is one of the worst substances for both children and adults to consume it in excess.
– Encourage children to get up and get active. Limit time on the computer and in front of the television.
– Visit a pediatrician regularly for checkups to catch, manage and treat health concerns.
To learn more about children’s issues check out some of our relevant titles which may be found on our web site:
In keeping with Children’s Awareness Month, here are some fun facts for you to share with the children in your life!
- The average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in a lifetime.
- Did you know, salt is an anti-ant element! Yes, without the need of using the chemicals, you can sprinkle the salt on the doorways, sills of windows and any other places where the ant sneaks!
- An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
- In a room of just 23 people there’s a 50% chance that two people have the same birthday.
- Rabbits and parrots can see behind themselves without even moving their heads. It would be really hard to sneak up on them!
- Venus is the only planet in the solar system that rotates clockwise, whereas all other planets rotate anti-clock wise.
- Zebra stripe patterns are unique and just like fingerprints; no zebra carries similar stripes with other.
- Did you know that Banana is actually a berry, but Strawberry is not!
- Did you know, you cannot fold a paper (it may be any size, any length or width) more than seven times. Try it!
- Did you know, petrol is the most traded product in the world, which is closely followed by COFFEE.